Do you have a morning routine? If you don’t, I encourage you to develop one. How you start your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day. It’s the perfect opportunity to have a little “me time,” while getting your mind and body started on a good note. Here’s how I usually start each morning. Of course, you don’t need to do exactly what I do, but hopefully my routine sparks a little inspiration for you!
- Open up my 10% happier everyday app.
- Most weekdays, I wake up at 430a.m. and begin the day with a quick mediation. this app is for meditation skeptics like moi!!!! I have been hearing so much abut it from all my mentors that I have decided to try it. This app is great because its only a few minutes… thats all I can do and it just helps me get present. Another great app isheadspace.. sometimes I just go on youtube and look up a quick mediation for whatever I’m feeling. For example this morning I was feeling extremely anxious.. so much to do.. I searched mediation for anxiety .. and boom there it was.
- Get my coffee on My favorite ritual enjoying a cup of coffee in solitude. I love it.. and I always use the special cup my daughter gave me… Its a christmas mug but i love it!!
- Enjoy a Yummy Breakfast I love love love breakfast! One of my go-tos is my blueberries with vanilla protein.. I mix it up in a bowl and voila… I love this !
- Workout After finishing my breakfast , I quickly change into my workout clothes to get motivated right away. I change up my workout routine all the time. Sometimes, I’ll do a leg workout other days its cardio and weights.. but its never the same ol same ol… OH and I always wear a hoody… its just part of my routine.. I feel very bad ass with my hoody up and when its go time thats it! 60 min of nothing but hard core training
- Practice Little Healthy Habits Throughout the Day I try to keep practicing healthy habits all throughout the day to keep up the momentum from my morning routine.