Healthy Breakfast Important Meal of the Day I admit I’ve never been a big breakfast eater. If I had it my way I’d get up, have a cup of coffee with a splash of skim milk, then another cup of coffee and be on my way. I’m just not hungry when I wake up. But that was then this is now … I no longer skip breakfast because what I have learned is that if I want to train like a champion I have to fuel my body correctly. Eating breakfast will not only fuel your workouts but can also help you lose weight. The best analogy I can think of is that if your body is a Fire than breakfast is like putting another log in the fire. This will stoke your metabolism to keep burning all day long. Here are some other benefits:
- Increases energy
- Boosts brain power
- Helps keep your blood sugar regulated
- Makes you less likely to overeat a bunch of fatty, carby crap as the day goes on
Here are 7 healthy, quick and easy meal ideas to start the day:
- Get creative with the ideas above.
- Make a list and shop ahead for the week so you have healthy choices on hand.
- Choose seasonal, organic vegetables and fruits.
- Go dairy free and gluten-free if you like.
- Look for low sugar/salt content.
- Substitute olive oil for butter.
- Use seasonings and fresh herbs like chives in the eggs or cilantro in the burrito.
- Have a glass of water with fresh lemon or lemon oil every morning.
If you are like me and do not like breakfast switch to a shake a day, try Shakeology. I love it because I get all my daily nutritional needs in just 1 shake! You can look up all the details on what you get from the shake but if your like me and hate making breakfast in morning or just don’t have time. Shakeology is a healthy and easy alternative.