A healthy salad recipe to try tonight for dinner! One of my favorites.
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, preferably red
- Sea salt
- 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- 1 large red onion, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. arugula, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large, crisp apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced fennel
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs. sherry vinegar (may substitute red wine vinegar)
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, rinse the quinoa with water, rubbing it between your fingers for about 10 seconds. Drain and transfer it to a 3-quart pot. Add 2-1/2 cups water and 1/2 tsp. sea salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender but still delicately crunchy, about 15 minutes.
Drain the quinoa and return it to the pot. Cover and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes; then fluff it with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
While the quinoa cooks, heat 2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring frequently, until tender and brown around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and toss with the onions until the vinegar cooks away, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, onions, arugula, celery, apple, walnuts, fennel, and cranberries.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 3 Tbs. olive oil with the sherry vinegar, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Add the dressing to the salad and gently mix it in. Let rest a moment; then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Now how do you eat healthy and lose weight? IS ALL ABOUT THE WORD ACCOUNTABILITY!! Accountability is an absolute game changer. With no accountability you can have the best intention on the planet to improve your health/lifestyle, but if you can’t follow through, your intentions mean nothing. Your intentions become a pipe dream. YSF3 GYM PROVIDES ACCOUNTABILITY AND GREAT WORKOUTS .. This is been the key to providing our clients with great success. Sign up for 2 weeks Free and lets change your life!