Here is a delicious recipe to try. Why? Because coconuts is full of iron, which helps our body avoid fatigue. Then you add in the yummy carbs that come from the oatmeal, then the protein from the almond and oatmeal and lastly the fiber from the banana. This cookie is something that will keep you well balanced with lots of energy.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup cup
- 2 large brown organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place almonds in food processor and grind finely; set aside. Using a blender, blend the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the banana oats, and ground almonds with a mixer. Add the coconut oil mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Drop rounded tablespoons on a nonstick baking sheet.
4. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with the coconut flakes.