- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups low-fat or skim or soy milk (I use unsweetened coconut or almond)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (I use crushed walnuts)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit (I use dried cranberries)
- 1 large unpeeled MacIntosh Apple, grated (Apple should be firm)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- cooking spray or coconut oil
1. Creative oven to 400°. Coat a 3 quart (Large) (I use an 8×11… Comes out more moist) casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray or spread coconut oil around the sides and bottom with a paper towel.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If you are preparing this the night before don’t add the liquid ingredients such as milk and grated apple until morning.
3. Place mixture in a casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
You can cut this into 6 squares and it can be eaten hot or cold. ENJOY?